About this Blog

Here you will find information and writings by Carrie Dalby, both fiction and nonfiction, as well as the ups and downs of life.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Time is Here

The juggling routine is improving. I've managed to write several pages this week, on both fiction and non-fiction projects. Hooray for me!

The things I've been reading on the side are:

Teach Me by R.A. Nelson



For my fluffy book (I have to indulge myself every so often) I just started The Luxe by Anna Godbersen. YA historical but I had to try to book just based on the cover. I've had my eyes on it since it came out.




And then there is the December issue of the Ensign magazine, in which a small article of mine was published.Check it out at:
lds.org/churchmagazines/EN_2010_12_25___09212_000_037.pdf


This is my second paid for/published item. My first was a personal essay in the final issue of TALL magazine back in 2005. If there is an interest (be sure to vote on the side bar) I'll post that essay on here next time.

My plan is to attempt to finish the first draft of Corroded by the end of the year but I'm not going to let it bother me if that doesn't happen. I also need to finish a magazine article that is already accepted by the National Association of Retail Buyers (NARB) for publication in their March 2011 feature.

Which reminds me, I didn't want the month to pass without posting a MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone. The kids and I have been enjoying the season including special crafts, driving at night to look for lights, and Christmas music (the favorite among the younger crowd is the Charlie Brown Christmas album). This is the only Christmas my children will be 12, 5, and 2 so I plan on enjoying it, no matter what else is going on in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment