About this Blog

Here you will find information and writings by Carrie Dalby, both fiction and nonfiction, as well as the ups and downs of life.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Visions of clutter danced in her head...

Why is it that whenever I try to organize my desk I end up with more piles of stuff to go through than before? I've allowed the papers and books that need filing and sorting to pile up over the last few weeks. Because of the clutter I've avoided my desk the last five days. Sunday night I decided to tackle the issue after I got the kids to sleep. I'm down to three semi-orderly stacks.

On top of the regular mess are stacks of Christmas cards, Christmas stationary, and Christmas coloring/activity books for the kids.

I remember the days when I'd have all my Christmas envelopes addressed before Thanksgiving. I don't even have a great picture of the kids to order prints from. And I can't decide if I'll be doing standard cards or Christmas letters or photo cards.

About the photo experiences I mentioned last week—my high hopes were shattered. A toddler is harder than an infant needing support! Plus, when I'd say someone's name to get them to look at me the other two would look at the one I called, not at the camera. At least I know they all can smile and look at the camera... just not at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment