About this Blog

Here you will find information and writings by Carrie Dalby, both fiction and nonfiction, as well as the ups and downs of life.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Back at It


Last week I added two and a half pages to the first draft I've been working on for an extended amount of time (it's embarrassing to say how long). That's two pages more than the past several weeks combined. I joined a critique group last month and I figured I'd have an easy ride the first few months since I had four completed chapters.

When I submitted the second chapter to the group last week I realized I've used half my reserves. It took me an insane amount of time to get those forty-odd pages and I realized I need to get my fingers in gear so I don't look like a total washout with nothing to submit in another month.

I want to work on my novel at least four days a week. My goal is a completed first draft by my next birthday. If I keep to my minimum for four serious days a week (even if it's just fifteen minutes a day) I'll reach my goal with time to spare. Since I have three freakazoids running around the house I'll probably need to use that spare time.

*****

On September eighth I urged everyone to write their senators in regards to mandatory vaccines. I am happy to report that Senator Richard Shelby of Alabama responded to my letter. Part of his closing remarks are “Rest assured, I do not and will not support mandatory vaccination.” Let's hold him, and any other politician who claims such, accountable to that statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment