About this Blog

Here you will find information and writings by Carrie Dalby, both fiction and nonfiction, as well as the ups and downs of life.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Summer, here I come!


A picture of the boys enjoying a rain puddle in the "sink hole". They love to splash and get dirty. But, thankfully, they do like to get clean after!
This school year passed quickly- today's the last full day. I've been busy with two kids at home while my oldest goes to school. Baby number three was born last September, a month after school started here. That last month of pregnancy I spent running around trying to make sure everything was in order. During that month the soon-to-be middle child, a few months shy of turning three, quit taking naps. I blame myself. It was I who changed up the routine. I hardly slowed down to rest and when I did I crashed in the recliner with the little guy.


So, when baby number three came home, there was no downtime during the day. I'm still trying to regain a since of “quiet time”, if not a nap time, with the now three and a half year old. And I'm suffering through the his crankiness in the middle-late afternoons.


Over the summer I plan on keeping a schedule, more or less, to help keep us from chaos. The oldest needs lots of tutoring. The middle child needs lots of physical activity. The crawling girl needs constant supervision. And I need a creative outlet. Wish me luck on the balancing act!

No comments:

Post a Comment